Why is it important to Tone your skin?
Most of us severely underestimate the power of a good facial toner when it comes to improving the health of your skin. But the truth is, the absence of using a good toner can impact your entire skincare regimen. Some of the questions that you probably have in mind are: Why should you tone your skin? Or why do you need a toner? And what does a toner do? The answers are very simple, but first, we need to understand what a toner is.
WHAT IS A TONER?
A facial toner is a skincare product that’s usually of a watery consistency because they comprise of you guessed it, mostly water! In addition, skin toner ingredients can include acids, antioxidants, glycerin and other anti-inflammatory ingredients. One of the major benefits of facial toners is they can easily penetrate your skin to give it a quick fix of hydration and sweeps away dirt and dead skin cells that your facial wash may have failed to remove.
Toners are considered as the first (or second to cleansing) in your skincare routine and what it does in its simplest form to bring your skin back to its natural acidic state. Skin toners also helps in preparing your skin for better absorption, ready for you to apply the next round of products that you will be using in your skincare routine.
WHAT DOES A TONER DO?
Toners are necessary, especially for those who have oily and acne-prone skin. The benefits of a facial toner include:
- Facial toners can manage the appearance of your pores: applying toner to your skin can help remove oil which helps in making the appearance of your pores smaller. Because of this, it can even prevent future breakouts.
- Toner restores your skin’s natural pH levels: after cleansing our skin, the pH levels can get out of balance because of the cleanser’s alkaline nature. Using a toner can restore skin's natural pH almost instantly.
- Toner boosts skin's hydration: certain toners act as humectants which help in binding moisture to the skin, an important addition to your autumn and winter skincare routine.
- Toner can cleanse your skin: it’s your cleanser’s job to do the cleansing, but there will be times that your face wash won’t always be enough. Often toners can easily clean off the remaining dirt and makeup residue that’s left on your skin.
- Toner can help with certain skin issues: some toners have anti-ageing properties, active ingredients and acids which allow them to do much more than all of the things listed above, making it an incredibly powerful addition to your skincare routine. The benefit of this is your toner can be changed seasonally to adapt to your ever-changing skincare needs.
WHAT TONER IS BEST FOR YOUR SKIN?
Your facial toner should be based on what your skin type is and what it needs. There are a lot of different toners out there that are meant for either, dry, normal, acne-prone or sensitive skin.
SELFLOVEby CL TONE
BOTANICAL FIRMING TONER
is for All skin types, it is a very gentle botanical toner containing Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Japanese Green Tea to rejuvenate the skin and Cucumber Extract to help tighten pores. Botanicals, Extracts and Marine Minerals help promote skin firmness. It contains no alcohol.
- Japanese Green Tea (to rejuvenate the skin)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Aloe Vera
- Chamomile Flower Extract
- Cucumber extract (to tighten pores)
Apply with a cotton pad or directly with your fingertips. Use on clean skin, before serum or moisturizer.
Also available in mist spray.
What's in Your Toner.... Here's what in mine!
Aqua, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Pentylene Glycol (and) Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Gluconate, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment & Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment & Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment & Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment & Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Allantoin